84. And when We made with you a covenant (saying): Shed not the blood of your people nor turn (a party of) your people out of your dwellings. Then ye ratified (Our covenant) and ye were witnesses (thereto).
84. Wa ‘iz ‘akhazNaa Miisaa-qakum laa tasfikuuna dimaaa-‘akum wa laa tukhrijuuna ‘anfusakum-min- diyaarikum summa ‘aqrartum wa ‘antum tash-haduun.
Monday, July 17, 2017
Shedding blood and banishment - Quran Chapter 2-84 (Pt-1, Stg-1)(L–112)-درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2-84 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-112) - درس قرآن
Shedding blood and banishment
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(84) وَإِذْ أَخَذْنَا مِيثَٰقَكُمْ لَا تَسْفِكُونَ دِمَآءَكُمْ وَلَا تُخْرِجُونَ أَنفُسَكُم مِّن دِيَٰرِكُمْ ثُمَّ أَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَنتُمْ تَشْهَدُونَ
Discourse of the Jews has been chained with effect from fifth Section of this Surah. The Children of Israel had gone astray from their real religion. They used to change and make alteration in the Holy Scripture of God Almighty Torah, after hearing the Commandments of Allah Almighty and promising to fulfill it, they used to slip from that covenant. They were involved in false and self-invented fidelities. They had doubt that whether they commit lots of evils and sins, they would not be punished entirely, but their ancestors would get them saved from the Fire of Hell.
Refuting the false faiths of the Children of Israel, God Almighty disclosed by means of Holy Qur’an, (which is the universal law of deliverance). Only those people are entitled for the
Paradise who believe in
Allah Almighty and do good works. Without them the individual, who is
surrounded in the evils, notwithstanding, he will enter into the Hell.
After talking about the law of salvation, God Almighty commanded about the way which is righteous and good servants of Him, and drew attention towards their covenant.
Allah Almighty made with them two more covenants:
(1) Shed not the blood of their people.
(2) Not to turn (a party of) their people out of their dwellings. Because doing so, the collective dignity and fear of the nation will finish. The opponents will get opportunity to attack over them, get possession over them and become their rulers.