70. They said: Pray for us unto thy Lord that He make clear to us what (cow) she is. Lo! Cows are much alike to us. And Lo! If Allah wills, we may be led aright.
71. (Moses) answered: Lo! He saith: Verily she is a cow unyoked; she plougheth not the soil nor watereth the tilth; whole and without mark. They said: Now thou bringest the truth. So they sacrificed her, though they has not the mind to do (it).
70. Qaalud-‘u lanaa Rabbaka yubayyil-lanaa maa hiya. ‘In-nal-baqara tashaabaha ‘alayna. Wa ‘innaaa ‘in-shaaa-‘Allaahu la-muhtaduun.
71. Qaala ‘innaHuu yaquulu ‘innahaa baqaratul-laa- zaluu-lun-tusiirul-‘arza wa laa tasqil-hars. Musallama-tul-laa shiyata fiihaa. Qaalul-‘aana ji’-ta bil-haqq. Fazabahuuhaa wa maa kaaduu yaf-‘aluun.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Objection in God’s Command (3) - Quran Chapter 2-70 &71 (Pt-1, Stg-1)(L–103)-درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2-70 & 71 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-103) - درس قرآن
Objection in God’s Command (3)
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
70. قَالُوا۟ ٱدْعُ لَنَا رَبَّكَ يُبَيِّن لَّنَا مَا هِىَ إِنَّ ٱلْبَقَرَ تَشَٰبَهَ عَلَيْنَا وَإِنَّآ إِن شَآءَ ٱللَّهُ لَمُهْتَدُونَ
71. قَالَ إِنَّهُۥ يَقُولُ إِنَّهَا بَقَرَةٌ لَّا ذَلُولٌ تُثِيرُ ٱلْأَرْضَ وَلَا تَسْقِى ٱلْحَرْثَ مُسَلَّمَةٌ لَّا شِيَةَ فِيهَا ۚ قَالُوا۟ ٱلْـَٰٔنَ جِئْتَ بِٱلْحَقِّ ۚ فَذَبَحُوهَا وَمَا كَادُوا۟ يَفْعَلُونَ
With effect from previous verses, this story has been running continuously that the Children of Israel were given a simple order that they should sacrifice a cow, but they began to controvert in it differently. Allah Almighty replied their every question and described that the cow should neither be with calf, nor immature, and its color should be yellow; bright, which should gladden to the beholders.
After knowing everything, they asked again, “we have not understood till now, we have some doubt in knowing about the cow”. Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) said! “Verily she is a cow unyoked; she plougheth not the soil, nor watereth the tilth; whole and without mark”.
Then they said, “Yes! Now you have told us the right”. In short, after abundant arguments; they sacrificed the cow. Even then, it was being felt from their behavior that they had not mind to do so. As though, even then they obeyed the commandment of God Almighty unavoidably.
Quran Chapter 2-92 & 93 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-122) - درس قرآن Worship of a self-made calf Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapt...
Quran Chapter 2-70 & 71 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-103) - درس قرآن Objection in God’s Command (3) Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Ch...
Quran Chapter 2-64 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-97) - درس قرآن Torment for those who turned away from the Law Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (Th...
Quran Chapter 2-74 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-105) - درس قرآن Cruelty of the Jews Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2 ) BisM...