75. Have ye any hope that they will be true to you when a party of them used to listen to the word of Allah, then used to change it, after they had understood it, knowingly.
75. ‘Afa-tatma-‘uuna ‘any-yu’-minuu lakum wa qad kaana fariiqum-minhum yasma-‘uuna KalaamAllaahi summa yuharri-fuunahuu mim-ba’-di maa ‘aqaluuhu wa hum ya’-lamuun.
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Amendment in the Word of God - Quran Chapter 2-75 (Pt-1, Stg-1)(L–106)-درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2-75 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-106) - درس قرآن
Amendment in the Word of God
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
75. أَفَتَطْمَعُونَ أَن يُؤْمِنُوا۟ لَكُمْ وَقَدْ كَانَ فَرِيقٌ مِّنْهُمْ يَسْمَعُونَ كَلَٰمَ ٱللَّهِ ثُمَّ يُحَرِّفُونَهُۥ مِنۢ بَعْدِ مَا عَقَلُوهُ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
Tatma-‘uuna – (you have any hope) this word has been derived from Tama-’a. Common meanings of Tama-’a are ‘to long for’, ‘to have greed’ and also it means ‘to hope’, ‘to expect’. Here it signifies towards the last meaning.
Yuharri-fuunahuu – (they used to change it), origin of this word is harafa and infinitive mood is tahriif, which means ‘change’. There are two ways of changing the words:
· Literal changing (to change the words, to change its pronunciation, so that reality of the word may be changed. For instance; the Jews used to speak the words ‘hintatun’ instead of ‘hittatun’ and ‘ra-iina’ instead of ‘raa-‘ina’).
· Significant change (to change the meanings of the words – in translation and explanation).
After telling the important happenings in the history of the Children of Israel, God Almighty commands in the previous verse that these people will not admit/recognize any warning from these Revelations because their hearts have become harder than rocks. Exemplary happenings have no effects on their hearts.
In this verse, Allah Almighty admonishes the Muslims, “Do you wish that they should be agree to your sayings, whereas from their ancestors, during the period of Prophet Moses (peace be upon Him) and after them also there was a party, which used to change intentionally after listening to the Speech of God Almighty. While it was the condition of their elders then; Have you any hope that they will be true to you? How can you expect from them of goodness? They are ill-disposed people. They will never believe.
It appears from God Almighty’s such proclamation that the Muslims should not have much expectation regarding acceptance of Islam by the Jews.
Quran Chapter 2-92 & 93 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-122) - درس قرآن Worship of a self-made calf Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapt...
Quran Chapter 2-70 & 71 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-103) - درس قرآن Objection in God’s Command (3) Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Ch...
Quran Chapter 2-64 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-97) - درس قرآن Torment for those who turned away from the Law Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (Th...
Quran Chapter 2-74 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-105) - درس قرآن Cruelty of the Jews Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2 ) BisM...