78. Among them are unlettered folk who know the scripture not except from hearsay. They but guess.
79. Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands, then say, “This is from Allah,” that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby!
78. Wa minhum ‘Ummiyyuu-na laa ya’-lamuunal-Kitaaba ‘illaaa ‘amaaniyya wa ‘in hum ‘illaa yazunnuun.
79. Fa-waylul-lilaziina yaktu-buunal-Kitaaba bi-‘aydiihim summa yaquuluuna haazaa min ‘inDillaahi li-yashtaruu bihii samanan-qaliilaa. Fa-waylul-lahum-mimmaa kata-bat ‘aydiihim wa waylul-lahum-mimmaa yaksibuun.
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
The Hearsay - Quran Chapter 2-78&79 (Pt-1, Stg-1)(L–108)-درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2-78 & 79 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-108) - درس قرآن
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
78. وَمِنْهُمْ أُمِّيُّونَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ إِلَّآ أَمَانِىَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَظُنُّونَ
79. فَوَيْلٌ لِّلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَٰذَا مِنْ عِندِ ٱللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُوا۟ بِهِۦ ثَمَنًا قَلِيلًا ۖ فَوَيْلٌ لَّهُم مِّمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَّهُم مِّمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ
‘Amaaniyya – (false hopes, hearsay) its singular is ‘umniah. This word is used in two meanings;
(1) as like hope which does not have any reality and some persons remain cheerful only in false notions.
(2) Anybody remains fallen in false traditions and absurdities. There are a lot of instances of resemblances like this in the history of Jews, for example their false notions that nobody will go into the
Samanan – (price, cost, value) meanings of this word are not only the net cash or cash price but anything which will be gotten as reward or remuneration for any other thing, that will be its samanan. In this verse samanan means worldly reward or remuneration.
Mimmaa yaksibuun – (out of their earnings) in this verse it has two meanings;
(1) Pile of their sins – because of increasing their sins due to these mischiefs constantly.
(2). which financial reward or remuneration these persons achieve due to change or alteration/transposition.
Illiterate class of the Jews did not know that what has been written in the Holy Book Torah. They were aware of only a few false expectations, hopes and desires, which they had listened from their forefathers and expected that their ancestors will get them forgiven from their sins.
God Almighty commands that the people who change His Orders and say that it is the order of God Almighty, unto them there is strict woe.
Perfection of Revelations and The House of God - Quran Chapter 2- 149 & 150 (Pt-2, Stg-1) (L-176) - درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2- 149 & 150 (Pt-2, Stg-1) (L-176) - درس قرآن Perfection of Revelations and The House of God Surah ‘Al...
Quran Chapter 2-70 & 71 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-103) - درس قرآن Objection in God’s Command (3) Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Ch...
Last Instruction by Jacob (peace be upon Him) - Quran Chapter 2- 133 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-158) - درس قرآنQuran Chapter 2- 133 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-158) - درس قرآن Last Instruction by Jacob (peace be upon Him) Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (...
Quran Chapter 2-74 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-105) - درس قرآن Cruelty of the Jews Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2 ) BisM...