106. Such of Our Revelation as We abrogate or cause be forgotten, but We bring (in place) one better or the like thereof. Knowest thou not that Allah is Able to do all things?
107. Knowest thou not that it is Allah unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. And ye have not, beside Allah, any guardian or helper?
106. Maa nansakh min ‘aa-yatin ‘aw Nnunsihaa Na’-ti bi-khayrim-minhaaa ‘aw mislihaa. ‘Alam ta’-lam ‘annallaaha ‘alaa kulli shay-‘in- Qadiir.
107. ‘Alam ta’-lam ‘annAllaaha lahuu mulkus-samaawaati wal-‘arz. Wa maa lakum- min- duu-Nillaahi minw-waliyyinw-wa laa nasiir.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Cancellation of Verses - Quran Chapter 2- 106 & 107 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-134) - درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 2- 106 & 107 (Pt-1, Stg-1) (L-134) - درس قرآن
Cancellation of Verses
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
مَا نَنسَخْ مِنْءَايَةٍ أَوْ نُنسِهَا نَأْتِ بِخَيْرٍ مِّنْهَآ أَوْ مِثْلِهَآ أَلَمْ تَعْلَمْ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ (106
أَلَمْ تَعْلَمْ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَهُۥ مُلْكُ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِوَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ مِن وَلِىٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ (107
Maa nansakh min ‘aa-yatin – (Such of Our Revelation as We abrogate), there are two words considerable in this sentence:
· ‘Aa-yat,(literal meanings are signs and tokens) and many things are aimed from it like miracles, which have signs of the Power of God Almighty and prophet-hood of the Prophet, Command and order of Lord Almighty, and the verses of the Holy Qur’an (round signs) etc.
· Nansakh, (We abrogate), to order in place of any previous order, which may be better than that, or the like thereof, to finish the first order and bring (in place) one better or alike. As far as, there is concern to change the miracle, in that case, it is a common thing that God Almighty may abrogate one miracle and may bring one better or alike, to which He considers better according to the change of time. As far as, there is concern about the other meanings, in it, two additional matters come out: One is the verses of previous Heavenly Scriptures and the second is the verses of Holy Qur’an itself. Abrogation of the previous Heavenly Books, after revelation of the Holy Qur’an is, then quite an openly matter.
The signs of the verses of Holy Qur’an (rounds) have been applied later on. In the beginning these signs did not exist. So, the question regarding abrogation of these signs; does not grow. Moreover, it seems the right saying, “Aim regarding abrogation of the verses is that the new Commands and Orders of God Almighty have been revealed in the Holy Qur’an in place of His previous Orders and Commands mentioned in His Old Heavenly Scriptures i.e. Torah and Gospel), and these Commandments abrogate the old Commandments.